PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 25, 2014) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced the availability of Workday Student Recruiting, a mobile-first application that modernizes the way higher education institutions prospect and recruit students to better meet specific admission objectives. Workday Student Recruiting is the first application available as part of Workday Student, an end-to-end student and faculty lifecycle information system that will work seamlessly with Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Workday Payroll, and Workday Grants Management to help colleges and universities advance their institutions and enable student success.
A Modern, Mobile Approach to Understand, Reach, and Recruit Prospective Students
In higher education, the impact of missing the mark on recruiting goals can have a domino effect on an institution's success, including devaluing its reputation as well as missing enrollment targets and financial goals. Colleges and universities need modern, mobile recruiting tools to target and engage with the right students who will embrace the offerings of the institution and stay through completion.
With feedback and guidance from nine colleges and universities, Workday is building a mobile-first student system from the ground up -- Workday Student -- with a greater focus on student engagement, outcomes, and analytics. The first application available as part of Workday Student, Workday Student Recruiting enables colleges and universities to:
- Establish Recruiting Goals - With analytics in Workday, higher education institutions can set strategic recruiting goals and better reach the types of students who are most likely to show interest in, apply to, enroll in, and complete the program requirements of the institution.
- Empower Recruiters - Workday Student Recruiting enables institutions to define recruiting territories and manage recruiter assignments, providing a 360-degree view of all recruitment activities and communications. It also gives recruiters on-the-go access to important information -- such as event schedules, maps, key prospects, and school data -- via a smartphone or tablet.
- Manage Campaigns and Events - Workday Student Recruiting enables higher education institutions to create and manage recruiting campaigns and corresponding events to target and attract key student prospects, while ensuring coordination of recruiters, communications, activities, and other resources. And because Workday Student Recruiting is seamlessly unified with Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management, institutions are able to accurately source, staff, and measure the financial effectiveness of events all in one unified system.
- Manage Prospect Records - To ensure smooth, swift progression through the recruiting process, institutions are able to enter and manage prospect records using a variety of methods. For example, on-the-go recruiters can enter prospect records directly into their smartphones during field events. Workday is also delivering a tool that identifies and merges duplicate records within the system to ensure quality data and analysis across the entire Workday platform.
- Evaluate Success - With built-in dashboards and reports, institutions can gain deeper insight into the progress and success of campaigns, events, and other recruitment activities. For example, recruiters can drill down on any device to view cost per prospect or progression toward enrollment goals, enabling them to better measure success and revise recruitment strategies as needed.
Workday Student Recruiting is available as part of the company's latest release, Workday 23, which also includes new features for Workday Financial Management and Workday HCM. The new features are all delivered to customers via continuous development on a single code line.
Following Workday Student Recruiting, future components of Workday Student will focus on admissions, curriculum management, student records, academic advising, financial aid, and student financials. The full Workday Student system is expected to be completed by the end of calendar year 2016.
Comments on the News
"Recruiting prospective students can be a gamble for colleges and universities today with college recruiters attempting to find the best fit for their institutions but lacking the tools to identify and reach those students," said Liz Dietz, vice president of student strategy and product management, Workday. "Workday Student Recruiting is a game changer, empowering higher education institutions with one application to glean insights and take action when and where they need in order to recruit successfully."
"Workday is turning the traditional student information system on its ear. The systems in use today are built like electronic file cabinets for inputting records or producing transcripts. Workday is building a system that supports the teaching and research mission of the university while recognizing the needs of faculty and students," said Ernst Huff, associate vice president for Student and Faculty Administrative Services, Yale University. "We are excited about the launch of Workday Student Recruiting; it represents the commencement of a much-anticipated and highly-desired reality. We look forward to Workday continuing to roll out this modern-day student system."
"As a design partner for Workday Student Recruiting, we have had the opportunity to step back and evaluate how effective our recruiting campaigns have been and rethink how we approach this process. We are excited to move from a very organic and homegrown process for recruiting students to a centralized student system that gives us the ability to target the right students and engage with them in modern and mobile ways," said J. David Armstrong Jr., president, Broward College. "With Workday Student Recruiting, we now have the tools, insight, and process to create effective recruiting campaigns, build relationships with prospects, and deliver successful outcomes."
"Workday Student Recruiting is changing the way we think about recruiting students by giving us modern, intuitive tools and data insights to better understand who we need to reach, where they are located, and how to engage them," said Bret Ingerman, vice president for Information Technology, Tallahassee Community College (TCC). "We are excited for the continued roll out of Workday Student, and to create a technology foundation that is going to transform the way we serve students, faculty, and staff, ultimately helping TCC to better achieve its mission and goals."
Please visit the Workday blog for additional perspective on the news, including:
- Introducing Workday Student Recruiting, from Liz Dietz, vice president of student strategy and product management, Workday
- 5 Ways Continuous Development Benefits Workday Customers, from Mike Frandsen, senior vice president, products, Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Hundreds of organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday's offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 31, 2014 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2014. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
+1 (405) 834-7777